ABOUT OEPL IN JEZIORY WYSOKIE
The Centre of Forest Natural Education in Jeziory Wysokie functions in the structure of the Forest District Lubsko within Regional Directorate of the State Forests in Zielona Góra. OEPL was officially open on 30th June 1998. The centre is the place of the forest natural education for society, as well as the place very willingly visited by the tourists.
In the forester' cottage from 1926, there are currently the office and five exhibition rooms: silviculture, forest protection, nature preservation, forest use ad culture formative forest function. In another building, there is a conference room (for about 60 – 70 people), which is equipped in modern multimedia devices, the internet, library, film library and numerous teaching aids.
Within the centre territory, there was built dendrological garden from the very beginning (about 2 ha). The main purpose is collecting the greatest number of pine species as possible. There are also presented interesting tree and bush species from different sides of the world, f.ex. giant sequoia, cedar, Japanese red cedar, Kentucky coffeetree, tulip tree and sweet chestnut.
Dendrological garden of OEPL– Japanese white pine. Fot. Paweł Mrowiński
Directly, next to the centre, there is educational trial "Na Wąwozach".
The trial presents:
- subject matter is nature concerning forest and lake ecosystems,
- issues connected with foresters actions aimed at maintaining and protecting of forest resources including fire protection problem. To help, there is among others 41 m highbrick fire observation and lookout tower, built similar to a lighthouse. The tower is very popular and is recognisable symbol of LKP "Bory Lubuskie" in the country. From the observation deck, one can admire "roof" of the forest ( forestation of the area – about 70%), blue water fishing ponds, Brodzkie Lake, towns and villages, both on Polish and German sites, located in a picturesque area. Next to the tower, there is big parking place. Near the stone with commemorative plague, there was planted DąbJana Pawła II (Oak) in 2006.
Each version of the trial is in the shape of a loop – it starts and finishes near the centre seat. There is information plague about its route and places to rest. In the wooden shelter with a fireplace, classes can be carried out in the open air, or one can prepare traditional, roasted sausages.
In 2005 the Centre of Forest Natural Education in was adapted for disabled people.
Adress: The Centre of Forest Natural Education, Jeziory Wysokie 22
68-343 Brody, Lubusz Province
Telephone/fax number: + 48 68 371 26 44,
e-mail adress: email@example.com
The Centre of Forest Natural Education is open:
- Wednesday – Friday: 8.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.
- Sunday: 11.00 - 4.00 p.m.
- Monday, Tuesday - closed
Tower observation deck is available for individual tourists:
- Wednesday – Friday: 14.00 – 5.00 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday: 11.00 - 4.00 p.m.
Guided groupsare asked for contact in advance in order to book the date of the trip (schedule) and set the conditions of the trip progress.
See also: Rules of use
We invite to watch movie about our centre.