Asset Publisher

HISTORY

The forests of current Forest District, until 1945 were mainly the private property, however most of them belonged to the large-scale estates and small landowners. The slight part were covered by local or state forests. The Forest District Lubsko was established on 1st July 1973 within its borders, and was created from the merger of three Forest Districts: Lubsko, Brody and Jasień.

Former (old) forest and their owners


Brody – Forst landed property were established by now unknown owners. There was, among others, the knight family von Ilburg. In 1740, the Minister of King August II  imperial count von Brühl bought the Brodivskyi estate from the family von Watzdorf. In the best years 1750-1755 the large land estate Brody – Forst covered two towns and 36 vassal villages. Far-reaching forest complexes were controlled by private district forest manager.

The forest stand of "Wielki Las" (Great Forest) included mainly pine and 200 hectares of deciduous (leafy) forest. The forest infrastructure includes two forester's lodges in Proszów nad Marianka, the hunters' house nearby the village Stern next to Tuplice, sub-district forest manager's house in Gręzawa and three water mills. The manor were in family von Brühl's possession until the Second World War. (Source: „Hrabia Henryk von Brühl i majątek ziemski Forst – Brody", Brandenburg Museum of Textile Industry in Forst (Brandenburskie Muzeum Włókiennicze w Forst), Forst (Lausitz) 2003).

 

The Map of Brody-Forst Estate (Source: „Earl Henry von Brühl and his estste Forst – Brody", Brandenburg Museum of Textile Industry in Forst (Brandenburskie Muzeum Włókiennicze w Forst), Forst (Lausitz) 2003)


Modern times


After the Second World War, Lubusz Forests were subordinated to The Directorate of State Forests of Legnica District. In 1945, there were founded the Forest District Brody, and in 1948 the Forest District Jasień in 1948 (until 1952 under the name Gocław) separated from the Forest  Districts: Trąby and Żary.

The Forests of current Lubsko District belonged to the Forest District Osiek Gubiński in the years 1945-1947, subsequently divided into the Forest Districts: Lubsko and Jasienica.


The Forest District Lubsko was established on 1st July 1973 within its current territorial borders ( Regulation no. 14 of Director of the Regional Directorate of the State Forests in Zielona Góra) and was created from the merger the Forest Districts: Lubsko, Brody and Jasień.


After annexing the Forest District Brody with its area 12.919 hectares and the Forest District Jasień with its area 8.977 hectares, the Forest District Lubsko from its overall area 8.952 hectares enlarged up to 30.848 hectares (currently 32.247,52 ha).


On 19th December 1994,within the area of the Forest District Lubsko, there was created Promotional Forest Complex of Lubusz Forest.


District Forest Mangers (since 1st October 1948):

  • Mieczysław Wierzbicki (1948 - 1950)
  • Bolesław Łangowski (1951 - 1954)
  • Czesław Białasik (1954 - 1957)
  • Wojciech Skarbek (1958 - 1969)
  • Czesław Konieczny (1969 - 1978)
  • Tadeusz Grotkiewicz (1978 - 1990)
  • Czesław Górski (1991 - 1998)
  • Bogdan Olejniczak (since 1998)